Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First Post

Hello all.

This is a sort of fan blog for Book Television's 3 Day Novel Contest reality show. My name is Ryan States, and my best friend Gayleen Froese was a participant. I myself spent most of the weekend there as well. It's been a long time coming--see the sidebar.

I have to wait until Friday to actually see the first episode of the show because we don't have cable. Sorry about that. Thanks to our buddy, the divine Ms. Lori Forrest, I will have a tape in my hands soon.

In the meantime, I thought I'd introduce you to the contestants. As I'm lazy as hell, and don't care to re-invent the wheel, let me take you back through the mists of time to the hazy days of September 2007.

A Brief Introduction.

Of course, when I wrote that I was sleep deprived and awash in the glow of bonhomie. Since then...well, my feelings haven't actually changed.

We've stayed in touch with most everyone. Ms. Tracy Thompson, free-spirit, has vanished off the map, and we'd like to hear from her.

Gayleen and I have been to Vancouver, where Joe and her partner very kindly put us up. While we were there we saw Mr. Kirkland as well. Both of them are still awesome.

Marty and I have emailed once or twice. I often see Paul bopping around town, lost in his own little world. The man loves his headphones.

James has been very helpful in reading and critiquing my first novel, and offerred me some very nice support in my last-minute 3 Day novel prep this year.

G and I have also been out to see Jennifer and met her unbelievably awesome daughters. I think of her every time I drink an espresso. So a lot.

I have little things I could relate about all of them, but I'm boring myself here, let alone you folks.

Now, that said, the gloves are off. I am going to recap each weekly episode with the merciless tongue of a rabid hyena. Nobody will be safe. Not even me. Trust me. I am modeling the process on that established by the good folks at Television Without Pity. I will essentially discuss everything that happens on screen, mocking it, saying what I think is good TV and what isn't, and sharing personal recollections while digressing wildly. It won't be pretty. Hopefully, it will be entertaining.

Also, it needs to be said that I know how this ends, but I am compelled legally to say nothing. Obsess for clues if you like. Or care.

More as events warrant.

Here, by the way, are two articles on the show. Gordon, as you will soon discover, is a highly effective media whore. I mean that in the best way.

Article One
Article Two

2 comments:

  1. I fucking love that my "website" links to the Guinness site - as the leprechaun lovers might say, that is genius. This is going to be fun, Ryan, but beware, this is a two way process and you are also featured in the show. In a very becoming Mexican wrestling outfit, which leaves far too little to the imagination. And I don't care if you deny it. So be careful what you threaten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what you're talking about. there is footage of me and that guy in the mask standing side by side.

    Perhaps you've been drinking.

    If you have an alternate web presence, I'd be happy to switch it.

    Heh.

    ReplyDelete